Terms & Conditions
- We do require confirmation in the form of Credit/Debit Card Details to formally secure your reservation; otherwise no confirmation can be given. Once your reservation has been confirmed, you are automatically entered into an agreement with Strathness House.
- We only acceptÂ all Major credit cards.Â Â Visa Electron is acceptable for payment only, but not for Confirmation or Pre authorisation.
- For Cancellations of less than 48 hours notice from 10.00 on day of arrival, the full amount of the first nights stay will be charged to your credit/debit card.
- For Cancellations of less than 24 hours notice from 10.00 on day of arrival, the full amount of your booking will be charged to your debit / credit card.Â In some exceptional cases this may be waived, at the discretion of the proprietor though there may be an administration fee charged. (20GBP per room per day booked).Â If you do not take up your booking before 20.00 hrs on day of arrival and we have not been notified of a late check-in, the charge for your total stay will be charged to your card. If your card is declined, your reservation will be cancelled with immediate effect
- If you decide to leave earlier than the length of your reservation (providing less than 24 hour notice is given ), the full amount for your remaining stay will be charged to your credit/debit card.All deposits are non-refundable if bookings are cancelled less than one week ( 7 days ) prior to arrival by 10.00 hrs.
- A Reservation of 3 or more nights stay, will require to have a deposit of the first nightâ€™s stay charged to their payment card, 7 days before arrival.Â This deposit is non-refundable. Â The remaining balance will be payable on check-out.
- Group Bookings of three or more rooms requireÂ a deposit of full payment of the reservationÂ , 7 days before arrival. This deposit is non refundable.Â Otherwise all other conditions apply.
- We reserve the right to amend / cancel your reservation at any time. Notice of at least one month will be given.
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICY
New reservations will be accepted for essential guests who wish to travel locally. Our Reservations Team is also available to accept fresh bookings for future dates and we hope to be able to welcome you later on in the year.
You may only cancel or change a booking if it has been made on a refundable rate and if the cancellation is made within the period as stipulated in the cancellation policy.
Please contact the Reservations Department for any cancellation or change that you may wish to make to your booking. We will let you know if a requested change is possible and we will send you a confirmation email with the new booking details if the change has been accepted.
If you are unable to travel due to government laid travel restrictions pertaining to Covid19, a credit note will be issued with a validity till June 2023 according to the value of the booking. This credit note can be used to make a new booking at the Best Available Rate for the new date and the difference, if any, will have to be paid.
We request you to consider the flexibility built into the rates. No refunds will be provided under any circumstances for booking made on non-refundable rates or alternatively for bookings that are not cancelled as per the cancellation policy.
We strongly advise our guests to take out travel insurance against unforeseen cancellation. Exceptions cannot be made regardless of the circumstance.
We understand that our guests value the flexibility provided and assure that our team will do their best to ensure that your experience is easy and seamless.
All new reservations booked on refundable rates for rooms, post January 22nd for arrival on or before June 30th, 2021, can be rescheduled or cancelled without any charge up to 07 days prior to arrival.
Advance Purchase Rates: Bookings made with these rates continue to remain non-refundable and non-modifiable.
Guests booking thru third party and online travel agents are required to clarify the terms and conditions with the service provider before making a booking. A full advance is still required to secure a confirmed booking.
Special or discounted rates and packages and offers and vouchers may have separate cancellation clauses.
Please check the terms and conditions before booking rooms on these rates.
For further details on our overall booking policies and terms and conditions, please visit https:// https://strathnesshouse.com/ or email us on email@example.com
Points to Note:
- Unfortunately Strathness House does not have a lift (elevator). Our bedrooms are on the 1st and 2nd floors. Please note, there are no bedrooms on the Ground floor. Help is always available.
- Check out time is up to 10.30 hrs. Check in time is between 15.00 hrs and 20.00 hrs, out with these times by prior arrangement with the proprietors. Please inform us if you are going to be later than 20.00hrs.
- Sorry, we are unable to accommodate children of 5 years and under. If you fail to inform us of young children who are travelling with you, your reservation will be cancelled.
- The entire building is strictly non-smoking and this includes out of the windows. A substantial charge is made for breach of this condition.
- Password-protected Wi-Fi Internet access is available free of charge, via your own laptop or smartphone. The password is available from reception.
- On arrival a credit/debit swipe may be required to update your reservation details. These details are kept as security until you have checked-out and the room has been inspected. They are then safely and securely destroyed.
- The conduct of you or your guest(s) will be your responsibility. Any charges made in respect of any damage (wilful or via neglect) will be charged to your credit/debit card given at check-in.
There is no parking directly at Strathness House; however there is an excellent car park 100 metres away (next to Cathedral). There is usually a small fee required (5 GBP for 24 hours). Â On Ardross Street , which is also next to us there is some restricted parking, although there is free parking between 1700hrs and 1000hrs. Parking is usually not a problem.
When dropping off luggage and passengers at the House, there is a wide pavement outside the front door, which you can park on to unload and load.
Please also note that the road in front of the House is One Way, going in the direction of having the river on your LEFT.
If using GPS or Sat Navigation, you may not find us as some have failed to include Ardross Terrace. If you look for Ness Walk, the Cathedral or Ardross Street â€“ we are facing the river, on Ness Walk and opposite the Cathedral.